Are you planing a golf scramble? Our wormers have helped organizers by providing products since 1981…Tiger was six years old and coming off his 1st appearance in Golf Digest and Bill Rogers won the Open. We aren’t claiming to be golf pro’s but we have learned a thing or two about putting on a great event.
Here are a few tips for tournament organizers:
- Provide food. Hungry people aren’t usually happy people and happy people tend to donate more. Along with food comes drinks.
- Always, Always have a participation gift. Golf polos are great because it taps into your specific market, serves as a billboard every time a participant wears the shirt and people appreciate them! Can huggers are essential and if they aren’t in your budget have a sponsor provide them for the event. If your event is in the dead of summer, consider cooling towels.
- Make the event look great with a clean, professional display. Set up a properly labeled tent for registration and have large clear banners to provide direction and show appreciation to your sponsors. Keep in mind that your sponsors help make the event happen and anything you put their logo on should be quality, don’t skimp on a couple dollars on this one.
- For your hole sponsorships offer different sponsorship levels to encourage more sponsorship activity. Consider black and white signage for Level 1, full color for Level 2 and a larger sign with a full color logo for Level 3.
- Design the on-course signs so that sponsors can take them home and use them for other promotions or to show their sponsorship in local events. If you use quality printed signs you can use them as part of your next year’s marketing. Sponsors are more likely to commit when they see that you are offering them value with quality products.
- Give out awards and prizes. Winners like to be recognized!
- Don’t forget about the silent auction. When people are finished their round and waiting for other teams to finish give them a place to spend money and raise additional funds with a silent auction.
- Spending money thanking participants and sponsors by using quality products to insure participation for your next event.